Dental implants provide people who are missing one or more teeth with a replacement option that is considerably more beneficial than dentures. Partial plates and full dentures were, at one time, the only replacement option for people missing teeth. Now that dental implants are around, ore patients choose them than dentures. It is the array of benefits that intrigues people the most. Some of the many advantages that dental implants bring over dentures include:
· Dental implants look and feel more like your natural teeth. They’re inserted into the jawbone using a screw, and do not come out of your mouth. No one will know the tooth isn’t natural unless you tell them.
· Although dental implants skokie il cost more than dentures, most people agree the money is well-spent. Implants can last a lifetime if they’re properly taken care of. Dentures, on the other hand, must be replaced every 5 – 15 years.
· You’ll have more confidence in your smile when using dental implants. Denture wearers fear their teeth will fall out of their mouth or move when they speak. Implants forego that worry.
· Dental implants are easy to care for. In fact, you care for them the same way that you would care for your natural teeth.
· Improved speech is also a benefit that you get when using implants.
· You’ll feel better about yourself and improve self-esteem and confidence when using implants.
· It is easier to smile when implants are in your mouth.
The many advantages that dental implants provide over dentures make them worth taking a look at if you need to replace a tooth or teeth that you’ve lost. The benefits above are only some of the many, so don’t hesitate to talk to your dentist to learn more.